Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Jumping Day

A week or two ago, Quinn asked me when we could celebrate a big event in her nighttime routine.  I contemplated the question, then remembered that Leap Day was coming up soon.  I suggested Leap Day as a great day to celebrate this milestone.  She agreed and thought it was a good idea - enough said.

A day or two ago, Quinn and I had the following conversation in the car...completely out of the blue.

Q:  "Mom, when is jumping day?"

M:  "Huh?  What are you talking about?"

Q:  "You know... jumping day."

M:  "I'm sorry, honey.  I am totally lost.  I am not sure when jumping day is or what jumping day is."

Q:  "You know, Mom. The day you said that we could celebrate my special day."

M:  (The light bulb clicks on with me at this point) "Oh..... You mean Leap Day!!!"  

I chuckled pretty hard at that one!  I thought that was pretty funny that she equated jumping day with Leap Day!   Oh, the mind of a 5 year old.  


No comments:

Post a Comment