Thursday, January 26, 2012

100 Days Later

Today was Quinn's 100th day of Kindergarten.  And celebrating 100 days of school in Kindergarten is a BIG deal!  To celebrate this occasion, Quinn had to create a project that contained 100 of something.  We tossed around a few ideas, but landed on this:



Quinn's foolish mother also thought that her lovely daughter needed a cute shirt to commemorate the important day.  And seeing how much Quinn loves buttons, this same foolish mother decided to sew 100 buttons onto a shirt for her to wear.


Seeing that I do not sew at all, this was a HUGE undertaking.  Let's just say that after about 20 buttons, I was regretting my decision to do this.... but knowing how much Quinn would appreciate this, I persevered and finished the remaining 80!  And I must say it turned out pretty cute.  Even cuter on Quinn!!




Happy 100th day of school, Quinner!

1 comment:

  1. Love the shirt! The buttons (and flowers) are both great ideas! I feel your pain with sewing, especially buttons, and by hand. Ugh. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete