Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Tale of Two Sullivans

This evening Sullivan asked if she could go play in her room. I was a little suspicious at first because she typically doesn't play in her room - especially by herself.  But I couldn't find any reason why she couldn't, so I said yes.

She was down in her room for quite some time - she didn't make a peep.  I almost sort of forgot about her (which I shouldn't really admit!).  When I realized I hadn't heard from my monkey in a while, my mind started rolling.  What is she doing down there?  What did she get into in her room?  I envisioned walls with crayon drawings.  

When I checked on her, this is what I found:



Just a little girl who loves to read and wanted to be alone to do so!  When I asked her what she was doing, she said, "I just reading books, mama.  Leave me alone. Let me read."  


I walked upstairs and thought to myself - I can trust my baby to be alone in her room to entertain herself without a disaster. A mountain of books piled to the sky maybe - but not a disaster!!   My baby is growing up... how exciting and how sad all at once!

Then minutes after I am reflecting on how she is growing up and is so mature, she comes barreling up the steps yelling, "Mama, take my picture! Take my picture!"  I turned to look and this is what I saw:


Maybe she will remain my monkey for a little while longer after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment