Seriously, when did my sweet baby girl grow up and turn 11 years old?!
Not typically a morning person, Quinn quickly shot out of bed today and was ready to start the day! And who could blame her?! She had an important day to celebrate.
This evening, we went out to eat for Quinn's birthday. Quinn got to choose the destination - Freddy's. I don't know how to describe the restaurant other than to say it is a cleaner version of Steak 'N Shake.
Afterwards, we celebrated with a few presents...
She was most thrilled by the fidget spinner that Sullivan gave her. If you don't know what a fidget spinner is, google it. It is a hot new toy fad right now. A toy fad that I don't seem to understand.
She also loved her Legos and all the great things she got...
No birthday would be complete without a cake - a DQ cake.
Every year I say, "It seems like yesterday that Quinn was born..." but honestly, it does. I seems like a minute ago that we lived in Nashville and brought our baby home to our townhouse. It seems like a minute ago that she was learning to walk and talk or ride a bike in South Dakota. A minute ago we (okay - only me) were tearing up as we dropped Quinn off for her first day of kindergarten and a minute ago we (okay, only me again) teared up as we sent her off to her new school in Indiana. Many milestones have come and gone - with many more amazing ones yet to come.
Eleven very short years have passed, yet I really can't remember life without Quinn. Over the years Quinn has developed a strong-will, a loyal heart, and a witty sense of humor that will carry her through life and serve her well.
On this day, we say... Happy, happy birthday, sweet Quinner!
We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment