Monday, April 8, 2013

The Blues...

Let's be honest... this has been a long winter.  There wasn't a lot of snow or frigid temperatures this season, but it taken a long, long time to warm up.  We get hints of warmer spring like temperatures, only to be splashed by cold and nasty weather. Yuck, Yuck!

A week or so ago, the weather was pretty decent.  The girls got outside, the sun was shining, and we were all hopeful that spring was here to stay!


I snapped a couple of pictures of Quinn and Sullivan playing with Gab and Liv, I think because I was feeling so great about the weather.  There is something about the sun that can lift your spirits and make you feel on top of the world.


I must have been feeling it that day.  But I looked back at the pictures and saw all the dead, yellowish brown grass and thought, "How depressing."  It lifts me up to see the girls playing, but the surroundings leave a lot to be desired.

As great as it is to be outside playing, I NEED green grass.  I NEED tulips and daffodils.  I  NEED the sun to shine for more than a day at a time.  Let's hope that the snow that is forecasted for tomorrow (yuck!) somehow misses us and Mother Nature nurtures us with sunshine!


No comments:

Post a Comment