Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Artistry

I was talking with the girls tonight about their hopes and dreams for themselves.  I was asking Quinn what dream she has for herself someday and her response quite quickly was, "I want to be an artist someday. I want to color and paint pictures."  Before I could follow up with asking Sullivan the same question, she chimed in, "I am going to make tattoos - be a tattoo artist."

So there you have it, we may have two future artists on our hands.  Two very different kinds of artists!

Here are the girls displaying some of their art.  Sullivan got new window markers for Christmas.  They are pretty cool crystallizing markers.  The down side is they have to be used on a warm (room temperature) window.  Those are pretty hard to come by in the dead of a South Dakota winter.   So we improvised...



The reward? I have a beautifully decorated bathroom mirror.  And after seeing their artwork, I have to revise my statement above.  We may not have two future artists on our hands.  We DO have two great artists.  We will just have to see if they choose that as their future profession!




No comments:

Post a Comment