Here is some randomness from this month...
The girls came running into the house one afternoon, looking for an old t-shirt. When asked why they needed it, they could hardly stop long enough to explain. They were already half way up the stairs looking for their shirts before I got the reason why.
Turns out that their friend, Jack, has a sphere-shaped robot called Sphero and it is controlled through your iPhone. Apparently, you can do all sorts of things with this gadget, but on this given day, they were lathering Sphero up with paint and driving it over their old t-shirts.
I looked outside - given that this was an unsupervised activity - and found the crew busy at work.
-------------------------------------------
To kick-off Quinn and Sullivan's school's fundraiser, the Indianapolis Colts's mascot, Blue, came to visit the school! It was more than an exciting day for all the kids in the school. Everyone around here has Colts fever, so the energy in the gym was HIGH!
I was fortunate enough to be at school doing PTO stuff on this day and was able to attend the assembly with the school. I spotted Quinn instantly. She was energetic and cheering and having herself a good time. It was great to see!
I struggled to find Sullivan for the longest time. Then our eyes locked and my heart sank. Sullivan was sitting smack dab in the middle of the gym crying. Like red faced, big tears crying. I motioned for her to come toward me. She shook her head no. I persisted a bit longer and she refused. She mouthed, "I can't leave" to me. With the tears continuing to roll, I insisted she come over. When she crawled across everyone to get to me, I asked her if it was too loud for her? Was she scared? Did she not like the screaming? To which all answers were "no." Turns out Sullivan Grace had to desperately use the bathroom and she was too afraid to ask to go. Poor girl!
Once she took care of that, the tears were replaced by smiles and cheers!
--------------------------------------------
I wasn't able to attend Sullivan's field trip last week because of work, but my friend sent me these sweet pictures. They went to a local nature preserve and did a little hiking and learned about the animals.
A few of Sullivan's classmates and her good friends Phoebe, Katie and Katie. Sounds a little like an episode of Newhart... "I'm Larry. This is my brother Daryl. This is my other brother, Daryl." (Anyone remember that show?!)
Sounds like they had a great time! Wish I could have been there to share in the fun!
----------------------------------------
Quinn is trying out a new hairstyle...
She has asked me on a few occasions to braid her hair before she goes to bed so that when she wakes up, it will be wavy like this...
The picture doesn't do it justice and I have forgotten to take a good one, but it definitely turns wavy. I think perhaps that we should invest in a curling/wave iron!
--------------------------------------------
And finally, this little gymnast of ours has already graduated to the next level after only three classes!
Way to go, Sullivan!
No comments:
Post a Comment