We started off by dyeing Easter eggs. I envisioned splashes of egg dye all over the girls' clothes - so I took precautions and put them in some scruffy shirts. Don't mind the scruffy shirts!
Grandma Jane stopped by to see the girls on Sunday. Little did she know that she would be put to work helping us dye our eggs.
Quinn was very cautious when dyeing her eggs. Sullivan was quite the opposite. We only had one cracked egg from dropping it in the cup too hard - only one egg because Grandma Jane was diligent about helping her after that point!! Thanks, Grandma!
Sullivan "spinning" the dye before she put the egg in the cup.
Quinn waiting patiently for her egg to look just right!
The final product... they looked so cute!
After dyeing eggs, the girls wanted to get out our decorations and decorate the house. Quinn asked Sullivan to be "her assistant" by handing her tape as she hung some Easter cut-outs. Below are the girls decorating the house.
It took everything in me not to help determine where we should hang the decorations. I let the girls decide where everything went - which means there were cut-outs on windows, on doors, on random walls at random heights. My OCD wanted to make it look neat and orderly, but the momma-trying-to-nurture-her-girls'-independence side of me won out. (Score one for me-yea!) And I have to admit that I love how they decorated!
No comments:
Post a Comment