Every year, I try to get creative with a gift for Nana and Grandma Jane from the girls for Christmas. In the past we have done painted pottery, ornaments, photo albums, note pads with pictures on them and so on. I was feeling a bit frustrated because I was trying to think outside the box this year, but felt like we had covered the market in years past.
Then one night, it hit me in the middle of the night. I pitched the idea to Quinn and Sullivan the following day and they were all in. So for this year's gift for our special ladies, Sullivan and Quinn painted tiny canvases - one for each month of the year that would be displayed on small easels. The girls brainstormed what they were going to paint for each month, and then got to work.
Sullivan started by painting January, where a cute, cute snowman was painted. Quinn followed with February with some equally adorable hearts. They took turns back and forth like that for the remainder of the months.
Sadly I didn't get a close up of each month, but here is the final product for the entire year.
The girls were SO excited to give their gift to Nana and to Grandma Jane. They huddled around as each of them opened their gift.
As expected, Grandma Jane and Nana loved their gifts. I know that I am extremely bias because my sweet angels made them,but I think they turned out absolutely adorable!!! We hope Nana and Grandma cherish and enjoy this gift throughout all of 2015!
No comments:
Post a Comment