Thursday, January 17, 2019

Winter Shminter...Yuck!

Anyone that knows me, knows that I am not really a fan of snow or winter or cold.  I much prefer to be indoors snuggled up in a blanket by the fireplace.  Mother Nature was a bit (or a lot) unkind to me this past weekend - dumping 8 inches of snow on us.  Yuck, yuck, double yuck!

The girls went sledding with the neighbors over the weekend and soaked up all the snow time they could.  Sullivan must not have gotten enough snow time this weekend though because she was determined to build a snowman after school today.

Sullivan set out and started to build the bottom layer of her snowman.  After seeing Sullivan struggle for what appeared to be a century, I just couldn't take it anymore.  She put so much brut force and shear determination into making the largest bottom layer of a snowman.  The darn heavy, wet snow was making it hard for her.  She wasn't giving up though.  Sullivan was in it for the long haul. 




So I laced up my boots, got on my coat, and headed outside to help her.  Together we built the best darn looking snowman that we could.




Or at least I thought so!!  Sullivan still thought it was missing something, but couldn't put her finger on what.  She ran off to the garage and came back with some snow paint.  Duh!  The snowman was missing some color!


A few minutes and a thing of snow paint later... the snowman was PERFECT!


I have to say, building a snowman was a perfect way to spend the afternoon. I much enjoyed the snow.  I much enjoyed the winter weather.  I much enjoyed my time with Sullivan. 

Mother Nature is set to dump another load of snow on us this weekend - a repeat of this last round of snow.  Let's see if I am still have the same jolly, loving attitude toward snow on Saturday!  Any bets?!?






No comments:

Post a Comment