Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ry!

This is the face of the birthday boy.....


Where does the time go and how is Ryan already 34?!? 


Last night on the way home from the fitness center, Sullivan and I were having a conversation about Ryan's birthday.  I said to her, "Tomorrow is Daddy's birthday! We will have to remember to wish him a happy birthday in the morning!"  Later that evening, after Ryan put her down to sleep, she was in her bed singing to herself (as she typically does)...an evening serenade to herself!  After a short while, as I was baking Ryan's birthday treats for work, I heard her stop singing and she started to talk.  At first I couldn't make out what she was saying from down in the kitchen.  Then I realized that our dear two year old was saying, "Happy Birthday, Daddy!  I wuv you!!"  over and over again!!!  She was practicing what she was going to wish him in the morning!  How absolutely precious is that?!

We celebrated low key tonight.  A Dairy Queen ice cream cake with a rainbow side (per Quinn's suggestion), a few small presents, and a quiet evening around the house!  The older you get, the more you appreciate those low key birthdays - nothing wrong with that!  Happy Birthday, Ryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment