Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A New Hobby...

Ryan has a new (or should I say revisited) hobby - he has joined an adult coed soccer team.


He started last week, and because we weren't sure if other family members go to watch the games, we stayed away until we got the 411 on who goes and who doesn't go.  You know, you never want to be "that person" who shows up with the whole family in tow and then find out that it is not a "family thing."  

After finding out that lots of people watch, we went to root him on this past Sunday.  It was a lot of fun to see him enjoy a sport he played (many) moons ago!  Let's just say that I've been with him for nearly 15 years (yikes!) and he hasn't stepped on a soccer field since I've known him.  

Ryan, in the middle of the picture, with the grey shorts.

We had two very enthusiastic girls wanting to see their daddy play soccer.  So we loaded up the car and headed to the game.



The enthusiasm lasted about 7, maybe 8 minutes.  Then the barrage of demands and gripes came down... "I am hungry." "This is boring." "Can we go home?"  "It is hot out here."  "I want some water."  "When is this going to be over?"  ... you get the picture.  This is certainly not an exclusive list of gripes or complaints - just a short sampling for your enjoyment!

The following picture is a "Smile-Santa-is-watching-you-picture."  Meaning, I am at my wits end and maybe, just maybe, the guilt of Santa watching might change your behaviors.  Sad, I know.  Those conversations typically aren't occurring in September.  At most, they are reserved for November, but that's how much they were at each other.  It was just one of those days.  Luckily the weather was perfect and I was able to block out my children's behavior and enjoy the event.


It was a great afternoon watching a bunch of adults play soccer.  What are the chances that I can talk my children into going again?!  Slim to none is my guess - although that won't stop me from trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment