The girls started coloring police-style badges Saturday morning. I am not sure where they got that idea, other than they are somewhat obsessed with police officers lately. How or why they (Quinn) cut out the badges, I don't know.
With Quinn, all things are done with precision and patience. Sullivan, quite the opposite. While Quinn made rainbows on her police badge, Sullivan scribbled a quick picture on hers and moved on to the next one.
What would one do with so many police badges?! Well, hang them throughout the entire house, of course! While Sullivan was hanging them, I tried to explain to her, that despite how cute these badges were, they weren't going to be able to stay up on the walls forever. And almost instantly afterward, she proclaimed, "Uhhhh,they have to stay up. How else is Santa going to be able to find them pictures we make him?" Did I hear that right, I thought. She didn't really just say they were for Santa. And if she did, where did that come from?
Upon more investigation, it was determined that the police badges were in fact, for Santa Claus, Jolly Old Saint Nicolas, Mr. Claus himself. Sullivan said that Santa would not be able to find her or the pictures if they didn't stay on the wall until he came.
And really who can argue with a three year old's thinking like that?
After scribbling on several badges, Sullivan moved to making portraits of the ones she loves. Here are Judson, Crew, Auntie, Uncle and Grandma Jane.
Nana, Papa, Uncle Eric, Gigi, and Duff.
We now have a variety of badges all over our house and I don't have the heart to take them down. Do you think I can let them last until Christmas? We'll see. Who knows, maybe Santa will make a swing through South Dakota this fall to take a peek at the girls and see how they are doing. Or perhaps he may send one of his elves.
No comments:
Post a Comment