Thursday, September 27, 2012

Dudley Moore

It seems as though our life lately is paralleling the TV show Friends.  Getting the girls' haircuts this past weekend, I couldn't help but think of the episode of Friends where Monica needs a haircut. Phoebe had given both Chandler and Joey haircuts and as a result, Monica wanted one too.  Phoebe is reluctant because of how picky Monica can be, but eventually gives in.


Long story short, Monica tells Phoebe that she wants her hair to look like Demi Moore.  Phoebe doesn't catch the entire instruction and begins cutting.  After Phoebe cuts Monica's hair far to short, it is realized that Phoebe has gotten Demi Moore confused with Dudley Moore!  Needless to say, Monica's new haircut is strangely awkward and is not so cute.


Well, this past weekend we had a Dudley Moore moment at our house.  When getting Sullivan's hair cut, I was telling the hair stylist that I wanted something different for Sullivan's hair.  I wasn't sure what I wanted.  Just something different.  The lady sold me on a haircut similar to Quinn's - shorter in the back and then angles slightly toward the front of her face. 

I thought that would be cute and gave the OK to go ahead... let's just say, the hair stylist delivered on the "different", but not necessarily in the right kind of way!  



Oh dear Sullivan, I am so sorry that I subjected you to "one of those" kind of haircuts.  You don't seem to mind right now and you could really care less what you look like.  But I promise you one day you will look back on these pictures and say, "What kind of haircut was that?  Why did you do that to me?!"  I only know this conversation will come because your Auntie Meredith and I have had our fair share of those conversations with Grandma Jane (right, Mer!?).

It's only hair - it will grow.  That's what I keep telling myself, at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment