Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Through the Years....

With Sullivan starting preschool next week, it got me reflecting on the past.  It made me think of Quinn and her two years in preschool.  It made me think of how fast her Kindergarten year went last year and how certain I am that first grade will be the same.  

It seems like yesterday that we were loading Quinn up for her first day of preschool, but honestly that was 3 years ago. Sullivan looked like this on the day Quinn started preschool:


And Quinn looked like this on her first day of preschool.... 
My memories of Quinn being so big and so old must be sketchy.  She surely looks so little and so young in this photo.  Time has a way of warping our memories.


Quinn on her first day (of her second year) of preschool.  A BIG change from the previous year in terms of maturity.  A difference a year makes, eh?!


The so-mature, so-confident Kindergartner.


...And finally, the most recent first day photo. 
Our very mature 1st grader!  


While I love to look at these pictures and see how much she has changed in the past three years, it makes me realize that she isn't going to be young forever.  Three years from now Quinn will be a fourth grader and Sullivan will be in first grade.  I am trying to come to terms with the fact that my babies are growing up, but I think I am in a state of denial.  Denial is a state that I choose to stay in for a little while longer.  Just until I stroll down memory lane again and get knocked back to the reality of how much my babies have changed (again).

No comments:

Post a Comment